1. Frank M. Sacks, Alice H. Lichtenstein, Jason H.Y. Wu, Lawrence J. Appel, Mark A. Creager, Penny M. Kris-Etherton, Michael Miller, Eric B. Rimm, Lawrence L. Rudel, Jennifer G. Robinson, Neil J. Stone, Linda V. Van Horn, On behalf of the American Heart Association. Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association. June 20, 2017, Volume 135, Issue 25.
2. Charlotte Cox, Jim Mann,’ Wayne Sutherland, Alexandra Chiisholm, and Murray Skeaff. Effects of coconut oil, butter, and safflower oil on lipids and lipoproteins in persons with moderately elevated cholesterol levels. J. Lipid Res. 1995. 36: 1787-1795.
3. Phooi Tee Voon, Tony Kock Wai Ng, Verna Kar Mun Lee, and Kalanithi Nesaretnam. Diets high in palmitic acid (16:0), lauric and myristic acids (12:0 + 14:0), or oleic acid (18:1) do not alter postprandial or fasting plasma homocysteine and inflammatory markers in healthy Malaysian adults. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;94: 1451–7.
4. Laurence Eyres, Michael F. Eyres, Alexandra Chisholm, and Rachel C. Brown. Coconut oil consumption and cardiovascular risk factors in humans. Nutrition Reviews Vol. 74(4):267–280.
5. Abraham Samuel Babu, Sundar Kumar Veluswamy, Ross Arena, Marco Guazzi & Carl J. Lavie. Virgin Coconut Oil and Its Potential Cardioprotective Effects. Postgraduate Medicine, Volume 126, Issue 7, November 2014, ISSN – 0032-5481.
6. Prior IA, Davidson F, Salmond CE, Czochanska Z. Cholesterol, coconuts, and diet on Polynesian atolls: a natural experiment: the Pukapuka and Tokelau island studies. Am J Clin Nutr. 1981;34(8):1552–1561.
7. W. M. A. D. B. Fernando, Ian J. Martins, K. G. Goozee, Charles S. Brennan, V. Jayasena and R. N. Martins. The role of dietary coconut for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: potential mechanisms of action. British Journal of Nutrition (2015), 114, 1–14.
8. F. Nafar, J.P. Clarke, K.M. Mearow. Coconut oil protects cortical neurons from amyloid beta toxicity by enhancing signaling of cell survival pathways. Neurochemistry International 105 (2017) 64-79.
9. Hu Yang I, De la Rubia Ortí JE, Selvi Sabater P, Sancho Castillo S, Rochina MJ, Manresa Ramón N, Montoya-Castilla I. COCONUT OIL: NON-ALTERNATIVE DRUG TREATMENT AGAINST ALZHEIMER´S DISEASE. Nutr Hosp. 2015 Dec 1;32(6):2822-7.
10. Aldenir F. dos Santos Æ Cyro R. Cabral Jr Æ Telma M. M. T. Floreˆncio. Effects of Dietary Coconut Oil on the Biochemical and Anthropometric Profiles of Women Presenting Abdominal Obesity. Lipids (2009) 44:593–601.
11. KaiMing Liau, Yeong Yeh Lee, Chee Keong Chen, and Aida Hanum G. Rasool. An Open-Label Pilot Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Virgin Coconut Oil in Reducing Visceral Adiposity. International Scholarly Research Network ISRN Pharmacology Volume 2011, Article ID 949686, 7 pages.