2018年6月1日 星期五

KaJeng Wong, Beethoven Concerto No. 3 in C Minor, Alaska International P...



KaJeng Wong 在費爾班克斯

This prize did not come easily. It was the result of many of your support, encouragement, belief and assurance. But even with that, I wouldn’t have survived my stay in Alaska without my friend, Nicole Kwan’s effort in physically taking care of me in the past two weeks. As I was plagued by a severe skin condition in the last two months, I had to take three salt-oil-minerals baths every day in order to stay alive and focused at the preparation. Nicole, my dear friend, has to be the first person I thank.
I have learnt the piano for exactly 20 years. I am grateful to have had three important teachers in my life.
Nancy Loo, who felt music with me, showed me what music is, how it connects to people, how it flows from the artist’s heart and rings to the listeners. Prof. Gabriel Kwok, taught me what it takes to be a professional pianist, and lays the bricks for my understanding of the keyboard. And Prof. Emile Naoumoff, who enriched my mind in understanding music. Think, Feel, Play - these are the trinity of my pianism, I am eternally grateful for the moments I have had with them.
I am also grateful to be alive. As only two months ago I shared a photo here showing everyone my condition. In the past two months I have become a 90% vegan. Maintaining a healthy diet changes a lot of a person. And thanks to my beautiful girlfriend, Charlotte Lam, I learned to eat well, to stay physically alert. Without a healthy body, it’s difficult to do anything. I hope I have learnt my lesson. She is releasing a book on vegan lifestyle this week. Isn't it crazy? check it out: http://www.charlotteinwhite.com/book
I don’t have much to say, except a big Thank you. I am happy that I won first prize, but I honestly don’t feel anything particularly special, too. I feel that I have a lot of work that needs to be done, musically and in life. I am already preparing for my next venture of the International Bach Competition in Leipzig next month, and it’s always only the music that interests me. I am happy to be heard by audiences worldwide, and by my friends in HK. I can’t wait to be back in HK. Music Lab Festival is happening right now as in few hours my colleagues from Hong Kong will be performing our second programme, So French. I am performing on June 8th again, and on 11-12th we will bring our programmes to Taipei Eslite, Smash is on 21st... Please come support, and enjoy! https://www.musiclab.hk/music-lab-festival-2018/
Life is long, arduous, treacherous, humorous and at times rewarding. I believe that one should always endure periods of being lost before reunifying to a fruitful core. Without any hint of irony, I actually did not expect to be passed into the prescreening round, and I was then shocked to my core that I was selected into the final 24. So much that I created a crisis at Music Lab as it clashes with the concert on June 1st... Only thanks to the great effort of our team that I was able to schedule the visit. I did not purchase my plane tickets until a week before the competition as I was afraid that my skin condition wouldn't allow the long haul... I still do not know how did I finish this journey. but I am grateful that I did it. I don't have any regrets now. I will remember this fond experience.
One of the Jury members, Akiko Ebi, told me afterwards that she appreciated how I stayed “inside” the music. She urges me to always stay “inside” the music, and never lose my concentration. I totally agree with her. It is always the “zone” of deep penetration where music transmit. It is also the zone that I love to explore the most. I believe it is the zone where human beings find deeper meaning in the nuances of music.
For me, it has been a true privilege to play at the The Alaska International Piano-e-Competition most importantly because of the calibre of the Jury. Each of them are celebrated artists, some of whom are inspirations to me for years. One of the proudest moments in the past two weeks was When Eliso Virsaladze approved of my Schumann Fantasie. I so wanted to tell her that it was her recording of the piece that inspired me the most.
I am happy.
Thank you 
P.S. If you guys want a chinese version of a status. comment below please.
Previous Performances:
Recital round (1st round)
https://youtu.be/d9Sieun2Iw4
Schubert round (2nd round)
https://youtu.be/xVSiVx7hWls
Chamber round (3rd round)
https://youtu.be/pgrpBiXMNAU
Concerto Round (Finals)
https://youtu.be/mSglOTtzyYY
KaJeng Wong
2018-06-01

沒有留言:

張貼留言